From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:25:25 -0700
Hi there,
My name is suzi and I had 9 ferrets.  There became an opportunity to
adopt two new ferrets ( roughly 8-9 months of age)  They weren't in a
really good situation.  and I felt obligated.

SOOOO... I went ahead and did it.  And things did not go smoothly.

Everyone played drag and hide the new ferret, among much screeeching.
That tapered off to a few oldsters with a more serious grudge.  (I think
my two deaf gals are having hard time at it at still, one new one is deaf
and the established one who is deaf is really used to things her way)

More dragging and screaming.  Momma breaking it up whenever it seemed
serious.

WE have done baths, exchanged bedding and tried bitter apple.time outs I
have to say through it all--------it just takes time.

Now my bussiness is mostly back to normal.  My newbies are a bit more
whiney and hissy, but they have also learned to hold their own.  It
definitly is not perfect, but liveable.  (And believe me, I was in
despair) such different little personalities and so strong willed!!!

I saw my Ruby (older deaf gal) cuddled up to my new (deaf gal) Mishka and
it was the most wonderful sight I have seen in a long time!!  It made my
heart sing!!  But they still get into their scuffles from time to time.
So Far it has taken 4 months or so.  I never though they would of came
along this far.  So there is a sorta peace amomng the squabbles.

love,
suzi
"Thank the ferret gods!!!!!!"