Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:43:53 -0400
An elderly neighbor of mine told me a true story about a fellow she grew
up with.  His father kept ferrets for hunting.  Some ferrets got into his
crib when he was a baby and chewed off his nose.  She said he literally
had no nose, just a hole in his face where it should have been.  She said
he accepted it well and felt no bad feelings toward the ferrets.  Now,
this is long ago, for sure, but I trust the source absolutely.

Of course other pets can cause injury to babies too.  But don't minimize
the possibilities, especially if YOU have an infant.  You wouldn't leave
your German Shepherd and Labrador in the baby's bedroom unsupervised, so
don't do it with the ferrets, either.

I know it's bad publicity for ferrets, and I regret that side of it.  I
just want to add the info I know about as a caution.

Love my fuzzies,
Cindy and the crazy, twirling six pack of fuzzy-wuzzies