From:
Carol Krause <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:50:33 -0400
I also had Sparkee react to his Purevax shot.  We were at the clinic for
an hour & 1/2 and it takes me a half hour to get home.  All looked well.
I let him out and he was walking along the closet.  I had to leave to
meet someone and my husband said"what's that on the floor?" There was a
HUGE pool of blood.  At first I thought someone had to be hurt, but then
it dawned that it was a shot reaction.  The odd thing was that he wasn't
throwing up or didn't even appear to be sick like others I had react to
Fervac.  After 2 doses of Benedryl and a shot of Dex (I THINK it was
Dex),he had 3 more movements, each better than the last, and was back
to normal.  So, be careful even hours after the shot.

And a question.....a shelter operator told me NEVER to pretreat with
Benedryl with Purevax.  With Fervac, fine, but not Purevax.  Has anyone
heard anything like that besides me?

And can someone tell me why these tiny little animals have to have
Distemper shots every year and dogs every 2 or 3 years?  Why is that?
Necessity or a dumb law?

Have a great weekend everyone, and be safe.

Regards,
Carol