From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 14:55:02 -0700
Shawn picked up Nibbles last night from the vets (in case you missed it.
she is our permanent shelter girl with an enlarged adrenal gland).  The
vet explained that the right one looked a little swollen but not much..
he wanted to remove it but saw my note that said NO (we had a really bad
experience with the rightie and don't want them removed for fear of
spreading, we do not have cyro here).

He had three doctors look at her while she was open.  The incision is
pretty large because he wasn't sure where to start.  This is his first
adrenal surgery (our old shelter vet left).  One thing I really did like
is that he didn't use stitches.  He used them on the inside but out the
outside he glued her shut.

Shawn held her most of the night and ran to her cage whenever she moved.
Feeding soup and meds.

We are going to look at getting lupron shots for her.  anyone know where
best to get them so that we can do them ourselves (after talking with our
vet and having him help us first).

Her belly is all bruised up.  poor baby.  she is eating duck soup and
drinking water.  Her potties are fine though it hurts a little to go
(which I can understand).  I have her with me in the office today so that
I can keep an eye on her in case something were to happen with her.  But
she is doing fine.  Had her out a little so she could walk around.  Think
he helped her move some.  Left her out for about 15 minutes and then put
her back in her travel cage.  Filled with blankets, sleepsacks, food and
water.  She is even using her litter box like a good little girl.

Keep her in your thoughts.  she is a tuff nut!  She lost Drake and Dakota
within 6 months of each other recently..but she still keeps trucking
along.

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz