Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:39:26 EDT
Yesterday,I get a call from some people about 20 miles from me.They've
had a ferret in their back yard for 3 days.Been giving it water & cat
food.On Sunday night,they'd noticed that it wasn't walking,so they
looked,but didn't touch the ferret.It had blood on it's leg.

So,Monday,they call my vets office to see if they can get some help.Vet
asked them if ferret is theirs & if so,are they responsable for bill?
Oh,no,it's not ours.Then they give my #.The people call,I race over as
it's 90 degrees here.I cried when I saw this ferret.It's managed to crawl
under a shrub for more shade.Their yard is pretty much shaded.

People had a rottie/chow mix dog who wanted to get to the ferret badly.
Lady had to stay in the house with dog to make him stay away.

This poor ferret had blood on him in several spots.I gently picked him
up & carried him to my car where I had the AC on.Laid him in the seat.
And off we go in search of a ferret vet to see him.My usual vet was out
of town,his assiocate was on a horse call all afternoon.My other vet,
Dr D was busy with his wife having a baby.That left me Petsmart.

The vet there did a bang up job.Ferret has 2 broken legs,3 wounds,one
very deep,to the bone on his hip.No meat to be able to sticth it.Gap is
to big to pull skin.He has bruises on his lips,eyes,left rear
foot,tummy.And we are watching his breathing.

We have him in a single level cage & he's not moving around to much.Has
no real interest in eating yet.Has had a tarry stool.

Vet & I both Thank God above that this ferret has no more damages than
he has as a dog attacked him.He fought hard to.

I've named him Chance.And have fliers up to see if his owners come
forward.

Dooks,
Sandi
Heaven Scent Ferret Rescue/Shelter