Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 14:38:54 EDT
Hello all,

I just heard that the Governor's office is asking the public's opinion on
our ferret amnesty bill.  I absolutely urge you all to call in your
support for this bill as soon as possible.  Follow the prompts and select
the one that asks for you opionon on legislation.  I just called but I
want you all to listen carefully in case it changes.  To respond to
legislation, press #2, then listen for SB 89, press #3, then to support
SB 89 press #1.  Please have all of your friends and family call in.
This is, I believe good news but we must answer this loud and clear!

The Governor's number is:  916 445-2841

Don't let this unique opportunity to be heard by the Governor's Office go
by!

Some folks from out of state have asked if they should call, and I don't
see what's wrong with that.  If you plan to move or visit CA this will
affect you too someday.  But, we absolutely MUST have Californians call
so if you live in CA get on the phone and please get your friends and
family to call as well.

If you have a web site please post this information.  If you have an
e-mail list, please forward this information.  We need as much exposure
as we can get!

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization
www.ferretnews.org

[Moderator's note: LOTS of people forwarded this to the FML.  Thank you
all!  I decided to delete the many posts which simply forwarded the
above unchanged, but the though is much appreciated.

Several people reported the number was always busy.  Let's hope that's
a good sign rather than assuming CA F&G "accidently" cut the wires!  BIG]