From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 19:21:15 -0400
I was up late a few night ago for Mornie's sake and was about to use
the bathroom to get ready for bed when I heard the bathroom door open
and close.  Okay.  No problem.  I got back on the computer.  No sound
and Steve (hubby) wasn't emerging from the bathroom.  Oh, oh, he'd had
a bug and had gone to bed not feeling well.  Walk to the door.  "Steve,
are you okay?"  No answer.  Tap on the door.  "Steve?  Steve are you
all right?"  No answer.  Oh, s--t!  I open the door worried that Steve
had gotten badly ill.  Instead, there was little furry Hilbert.  Hilly
had broken out of the sleeping cage (a strong talent of his), opened
the door (easy to do since it hasn't latched since one of the nearby
quarry's blasts shifted things), then actually had the presence of mind
to SHUT the door behind himself before he set down to the task of
helping us remove some subflooring that was damaged by a recent
now-controlled leak.  Ferrets!