From:
Melissa Lough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 18:39:26 -0400
>Hi M,
>
>Now that you are back from your vacation I was wondering about any info
>you got along the way on your scooter.  Did anybody suggest trying to
>get him to use his legs by swimming?  I have heard this work for other
>types of animals and was just wondering.
>
>Take care,
>MAry JO (from the FML)

Hi Mary Jo,

Well I didn't get to go anywhere for my vacation after all.  My father
ended up in the hospital because of dizzy spells and he fainted........
that's another story.

Any way I did take him to a vet in Morgantown,WV and they believe both
of his hips are dislocated.  Any way I work with Scooter everyday on his
legs.  I massge them, move them as much as possible and when I sit him
down I put him up on them.  I did put him in water and he did ok with
that.  I was wondering how warm the water should be and I do not want to
scare him to death........I guess If I didn't have the use of my back
legs I would be terrified if someone put me down in water.  I do plan on
still working on doing this with him, but little at a time as long as he
seems ok with it.  I do thank you for emailing me about him.  When I
posted the results from the vet and what I had decided to do I was so
afraid to here what some might have to say.  I was so moved by all of the
support everyone has given me in their responses that tears came to my
eyes.  I do so love reading and learning things from the FML and believe
that most of the people who are a part of the post have such huge hearts,
caring that I hate to see some of the bickering that goes on.  I do want
to thank everyone that responded to my post from the bottom of my heart,
it meant the world to me.

Missy