From:
Donna & Daniel Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:47:48 -0500
Okay,
Top this one, all of you.

November of 2002 my Epimetheus, better known to fellow fml'rs as Eppy,
fell out our bedroom window and was lost for 10 weeks.  If it had not
been for the people, here, for me to turn to, my grief surely could have
taken my life.  I fell into such despair in my desperate search for Eppy,
that I turned to the only people I believed would understand my grief.
Everyone here, on the fml pages.  Those of you whose prayers, tolerance
for my daily posting, those who "saw, someone reaching down to Eppy".
The support was truthfully world wide, for there are those of you from
across the world, that wrote me words of encouragement in my efforts and
search for Eppy.  There are names, of those who I may have lost touch
with, and those of you whom have kept contact through out the past years,
since becoming a fledged member of this group, those who wrote me such
loving supportive emails, you all know who you are.  There is a woman,
who listened to my grief every night over the phone, helpless to me,
other than to lend me an ear, to listen , to let me pour my heart and
soul out to.  She bore with me through it all, and we are still friends
today.

Yes, I agree Lynn Siegel - MacFarlane is a loving wonderful woman, Lynda.
She is often a quiet presence, tending her flock at home, and supporting
the rest of her fellow ferret lovers as she is able to.  I cannot mention
names, for there are so many of you, I would not wish to offend, anyone
that had helped, prayed (many who I may never know, that silently sent
up prayers, for Eppy) offered advice, support, called, and even insight.

On the evening of my retrieving my lost boy, Eppy, Jan 2003 .  There
were many in attendance at the Ferret Symposium in Las Vegas.  I just
had to let everyone I could think of know, that Eppy was finally home.
10 long / forever weeks, Eppy is home.  I was told that there was an
announcement made, that Eppy WAS home!  And that there arose such a
"thunder"...bless your hearts, all of you, who cared enough, to help
me through those 10 weeks, no one knows the "hell on earth, as one who
has lost a beloved one".

Special thanks to Joanne Ruffner, and Kat Parsons for putting together
Eppys Neverforeverland, where lost little ferrets go.  I said it may take
a life time, but it is neverforever, for someday we all get to go over
the Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with our beloved ones.  Please if you
haven't already visited, <http://www.geocities.com/neverforeverland/>

You can see Wolfys story about Dippy there and many other fellow ferret =
lovers and their stories about their search for these little furried =
companions.

Special prayers go out with this for
Joanne and Scottie
Dawna and Slippery
Amy and Tasha
Donna (myself) and Odin (Ardith) who keeps Odins picture on her table,
since the day she received it.
Julie and Taz
Randy and Timbit (who is not a ferret, but looks an awful lot like he
could be)

these and many other mia ferrets, who still need to find their way home.

Yeah, for Fidget and Chris
Yeah, for Dippy and Wolfy
Yeah, for mommy and Eppy

Yeah, for the search and rescue of many. . .of you who take in the
wanderers, Robin and Noel!

The shelters and rescuers, who give love and comfort and shelter to so
many.

As I said, and I cannot say it enough.  Wonderful people here.  If it
wasn't for you all, with Eppys best interest in mind, during his absence,
we may never had been reunited.

You are all challenged to top this one!