From:
Shelley Abare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:04:06 -0700
Hi all,

Just thought I'd pass along a quick update on our trip to Mi.  We left a
week early to avoid the weather (heavy rains).  I wasn't even close to
ready, but we threw everyone in the jeep and left early friday morning.
We made it all the way to Dalton, Oh from Pensacola, Fl in one day.  12
hours!  The ferrets were wonderful, they slept the entire way.  When we
stopped we unloaded at a motel for the night and found out that five
very wide awake and entergetic ferrets are not at all easy to sneak into
a motel!  They would not stay in the carriers we had bought for them.
(sort of a front pack baby carrier deally).  Then all five pooped in the
bathroom and scratched to get out of there!  I ended up having to scrub
the entire bathroom before we left!  (couldn't leave that mess for some
poor ensuspecting maid).

So we finished up the next day and got here safely.  The ferrets are
enjoying the run of mom and dad's full basement.  Having a ball tearing
up her couch and trying to get into the closet to play with all dad's
hunting equipment.  We are heading back on monday or tuesday and still
plan to camp back.  We had planned to camp up, but by the time I stopped
it was dark and I was too tired to bother with the tent.  My family
loves
the ferrets and my sister and sister in law both want some.  It took 2
years and constant nagging to get them to let me bring them along, but
now I HAVE to bring them next time I come up.  (I even took Kiki and
Killies for a walk and the neighbors went nutso).

Thanks for all the great advise on traveling with ferrets.

Shelley, KIKI, Brownie, Milly, Bubbles (aka Baby LOve), and Achilles.