Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:23:28 -0700
My recently foster/adopted ferret Buddy has been diagnosed with
cardiomyopathy, the last few days have been tough.  Tomorrow he has an
appointment with a cardiologist for a ultrasound, EKG and
echocardiogram.
The past few days I've printed tons of info from the FHL archives,
www.miamiferret.org and am gathering more info today.  I am armed not
only with great information on what to expect, treatments available, but
also a list of questions to ask the vet I'd not thought of on my own.
Buddy and I would like to thank all those responsible for putting
medical
info on these sites, and especially Sukie, for hammering away at us to
go
to these sites and educate ourselves.  Fuzzy Ear Licks to all of you.

Please keep Buddy in your happy thoughts.  He was surrendered last
March,
bald and sick, had two huge adrenal tumors removed.  Diagnosed with
cardiomyopathy, on Lasix that is loosing it's effectiveness.  More needs
to be done, after tomorrows appoint we will know what.

Ardith and Buddy
www.nnfn.net