From:
Angelica Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:48:58 EST
>From:    Jean McKim <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:  Re: ferrets and kittens
>
>In my experience, ferrets and kittens get along  great! If you have a
>really aggressive ferret you might want to watch out and older ferrets
>may not have the energy, but my ferrets and cats all get along great.

When we first got our kitten Josie from the shelter we had to keep
Tibbie (the ferret) locked up.  They were only allowed very supervised
interaction.  He was intent upon killing her.  She only weighed about
1.5 lbs and he at the time weighed about 4lbs.  He got this killer glint
in his eye and he would wrap his arms around her and kick her, bite her
neck and everything.  It wasn't play fighting either if they hadn't been
seperated he would have drawn blood.  He had terrorized the previous
cat too, but not to this extent.  Once she started growing he still
terrorized her but she could outrun him.  Even in his weakened, frail,
state (he has insulionoma and possibly lymphoma), when feeling good he
still tries to bite her paws.

Angelica & The Tibbie Monster