Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 01:33:28 -0500
From:
Dearest Sandee,

On November 30 I had to say good bye to my good friend Scooter.  He lived
for over 7 years and his poor old body had just had enough.  I found him
one morning cold and sleeping in his own mess.  I cleaned him up and told
him of the Rainbow Bridge and that he would get to see his friend PeeWee.
I said my good byes to him and we went to the vet.  He was my beautiful
silver mitt that thought all socks belonged under the couch in his care.
He would even take the socks right off your feet.  He was also the only
ferret I have ever seen that could put his entire body in a sock.

Sandee, did he make it there ok?  Did he find his buddy PeeWee?
Hopefully they are together now.

Now I must ask you another favor.  Last Friday my friend Merlin left here
to join his buddies PeeWee and Scooter.  He had so very much wrong with
him but his spirit was enormous.  Of all the ferrets I have know Merlin
had the most personality.  It often seemed as if his goal in life was
just to make me laugh.  The harder I would laugh the more Merlin would
perform.  His greatest peeve seemed to be when I was on the phone.  There
were times when I would have difficulty following a conversation because
I would be watching him trash the kitchen while I was trying to talk.
The dogs water would go flying rugs would be wrestled into a ball and
potatoes would become his own personal bowling game.  When none of that
worked for him he would throw himself upside down between my feet, look
up at me and let out these huge sighs.  The minute I would hang up he
would stop and go about his business.

I found Merlin in horrible conditions in a pet store.  His hammock had
a hole so big in it he couldn't sleep in it.  The table where his cage
sat was surrounded by rabbits and he slept in pine chips.  I wanted so
much to take him home right then but my husband was very ill and in the
hospital.  For a week I couldn't get him off my mind.  When I finally did
at first.  He said he wanted to sell him to someone that wanted to buy a
cage and all the things needed to outfit it.  He change his tune when I
discovered that the ferret didn't have up to date shots.  I also learned
he was returned twice for biting.  I bought him and brought him to the
vet and brought him home to join PeeWee and Scooter.  After his
quarantine period everyone got along wonderfully and Merlin never bit
anyone.  Because of the conditions Merlin was in I saw that this
particular pet store had 2 other ferrets confiscated and never sold
another ferret.

Last Friday I went in to get Merlin up to give him his medicine and soup
and he was sleeping on top of his favorite blanket which was unusual
because he usually slept under it.  He lifted his head to look at me and
he whimpered.  It was the last time he was able to lift his head.  I knew
his time had come.  Over a year ago the vets gave him a couple of weeks
to maybe a month but he proved them all wrong.  He played right up until
it was time for him to go.  I held him and told him of the Bridge and to
look for you Sandee.  I told him you would help him find his friends
PeeWee and Scooter.

I would be ever so grateful to know that Scooter made it there and he is
doing OK and he is with his friend Pee.  You won't be able to miss Merlin
Sandee because he will have his beautiful silver fur back.  They have all
taken a piece of my heart with them.  Please ask them to keep the pieces
safe until I can be with them once again.

Warmly,
Diddy