Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 22:23:52 -0800
From:
I've recently come across a 'ferret' food product that absolutely
DISGUSTED me and was interested to know if anyone else has seen this
item (but hopefully NOT used it)!

It's called "8-in-1 Premium Ferret Hearty Chicken Blend" and comes in a
1.75# box

Although the ingredients (which I'll list further down) are ABSOLUTE
CRAP, I must say that the PACKAGING is quite alluring (but deceptive!)
Very nice photo of a real ferret on the front and the phrase: "NOURISHING
INGREDIENTS SUCH AS BREWER'S RICE & GROUND CORN" SMACK on the front and
center!

WHAT?????  WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT??????  Those are totally empty
fillers!!!  (Oh, and it gets better . . .  )

THEN it goes on to say on the back of the box, "This product is 100%
nutritionally complete and meets or exceeds the nutritional requirements
of ferrets as established by the National Research Council" (how the heck
can the NRC say that those ingredients are 'nutritionally sound' for a
FERRET????)

THEN comes the ingredients list: poultry bi-product meal, brewers rice,
ground yellow corn, gluten meal, brewers dried yeast, chicken fat,
etc....

AGAIN, WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT?????  I was SO @*&$% angry when I saw
that product because it's SOOOOOOO misleading and is obviously targeting
pet owners who don't want to otherwise purchase higher quality pet food
at a REAL pet store?  (I saw the product at a large grocery / variety
store).

Oh and then right next to it was another 8-1 product - Super Premium
Ferret Blend - in a 3# bag that also toted the label "Advanced Nutrition"
but the ingredients list wasn't any better than that other product!  I
guess I'm just shocked that the 8-1 company can make such a range of
products with such different levels of quality.  After much research and
comparison of various higher end ferret kibble products, I had recently
purchased the "8-IN-1 PLUS Advanced Nutrition Diet" and thought that was
a pretty sound product (and it DOES appear to be, in comparison) but I
just hate the fact that this same company makes such a CRAPPY product and
furthermore is SOOOO deceptive and misleading with their packaging!!!

I just hope that I can reach as many ferret owners as possible who would
potentially purchase or have purchased those two CRAPPY products and give
them enough information so that they will make better, more educated
ferret food choices!!!

OK, stepping down from the soapbox now . . . . Jennifer, Sasha, Snowy,
and Phoebe in Seattle :-)