From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:38:31 -0400
Re:  colorations.  How deeply?
is good for getting into it pretty deeply.

Triple F and the very young kits:

Jules wrote:
> Here is the address of Triple F Farms, which seems to be what he's
> talking about.  I think they sell for research mostly
> http://guide.labanimal.com/guide/companyd.jsp?b=6685

----

The mentioned Triple F kits:

According to someone in a farm to the southwest of us it was at one
point also a fur farm, but that is from one of the competitors and I
have never verified it, plus I know that the competitor who said it
sells to (among others) a flea market seller in NJ so...

Anyway, the point I want to make is this:

THE USDA REGULATES FARMS WHICH SELL TO RETAIL AND TO RESEARCH.

Report them to the USDA.

Violations ARE dealt with and in response to the overwhelming support
of older transport ages and species specific standards designed by the
vet team of Dr. Sandra Kudrak (See in http://www.ferretcongress.org by
scrolling down in the main page and then selecting the sections.) the
USDA has started its gears grinding toward more progress for ferrets'
safety than first looked possible.  It is going to take time.  They are
required to get a lot of input first.

Again: report them to the USDA.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/awic/legislat/awa.htm

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ac/publications.html