From:
Leslie Kauffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:07:41 -0400
Thank you to everyone who responded to my post!

I spoke to the vet this afternoon and we decided to put him on medication
to see if we can get his wobbles and spacing out under control and then
revisit the possibility of doing surgery.  I just really feel that right
now he is not a good surgical candidate.  So, starting tonight, he will
be given 1 ml of Pedia-Pred 2x daily.  Hopefully this will stabilize him
and maybe bring my spunky little boy back to me?  I also asked her what
his BG was and it was 78 at the time.  I know that he didn't eat for at
least 3 hours prior to this test and he was a little wobbly at the vet's
that day, but not as much as he has been at other times.

I also got a blood glucose meter from Ebay, as some of you suggested and
as soon as it arrives, I will begin to monitor his glucose on a regular
basis.  I know my Dad, who is a diabetic, checks his when he takes his
insulin (twice a day).  I was just wondering if anyone knew if I should
check it twice a day and if there's a particular time that would be best?
(before / after giving him medication, before / after eating, etc.) I
don't imagine he's going to be thrilled about this, especially not twice
a day!  Though, knowing him, he'll put up with it just for the extra
attention!

Lastly, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the FML and FHL and
a great big THANK YOU to the lists' moderators and members.  I really
feel that without all the moderators hard work and dedication and the
wonderful people who are kind enough to share their knowledge on these
lists, I never would have known what to do and most certainly would have
lost my sweet little boy.

So thank you...thank you...THANK YOU!! :)

Leslie, Bean and Daggett