From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:21:23 +0100
Hello ferret-list,

A few weeks ago I posted here about my little girl Skweeky having an
unsuccessful adrenal surgery, and many of you were kind enough to offer
advice both on and off list.

Having got though the post operative period, I talked with the vet about
2 weeks ago about her situation and how I was seeing changes in her
personality and eating habits, last week, she refused Kibble completely
and would only eat chicken, but being daddys little princess (and a
proper little madam to boot,) it had to be roast chicken.  Arrangments
were in hand to deal with her adrenal chemically, and to investigate the
tarry stools she had been passing intermittantly.

This morning I noticed that she had in the space of a couple of days lost
all of her weight around her stomach, and she wasnt too spirghtly on her
feet, I also noticed that the food hadnt gone down overnight as much as
I would expect.  I tried to tempt her with varous treats but it was no
good.

This afternoon I started her on babyfood by syringe and water and
ferretone mix, but by 7 pm she was really wobbling on her feet.  We
rushed her to the duty vet who ran a blood test that indicated she was in
kidney failure, and we found that she had an ulcerated mouth (towards the
rear where it was really hard to see.  Clearly her quality of life was
rapidly diminshing and with a heavy heart I made a tough decision and
with tears in my eyes I told her about the rainbow bridge, and gave her
messages for Bubbles and Custard... oh and I told her she mustnt laugh if
she happened to meet Sara ferret, so shes on her way to you Sandee Hook
her up with her family, and tell her Im so sorry we could fix her up
again..  she was such a trooper and even tough she must have felt rotten,
her lovely gentle personality stayed till the very end, even the vet
commented about how well she bore it all, even those last shots.

SkweekyWeezil my little albino Princess crossed the rainbow bridge in
her daddys arms at 9pm to be reunited with Bubbles (da Warweezil) and
Custard, I should think by now she is already looking for some velcro
cable ties to undo, as well as the the usual Raisins and furotone to
which she was addicted, as well as Kitbit cat treats, (well you try
telling a little madam that they are not meant for Ferrets!) Thats
another member the Kouri Klub Rainbow Bridge Chapter has gained.

Apart from her Hoomans (unkie Lee is missing her already) she leaves
behind the last survivor of the original Furkid4, Rhoobarb, who I am
going to have to keep a very close eye on for the next few days to see
how/if she adjusts to being an only furchild.  there will be no more
earwashes for me, and I will miss how she would sometimes get over
excited while doing this and Dook straight into my ear.  its only 2
nights ago we were playing through the top cover on the bed...

Tonight this is a quieter sadder household, and I wonder what it is about
fuzzy things that affects us so very deeply at times like this?

Our thoughts to those with sick or missing sock stashers

Cris, Unkie Lee & Rhoobarb (Biteyweezil)

Remembering
Bubbles (Da Warweezil) Leader of the furkidz and First ferret par
excellance

Cussie(angel)weezil Sister of Rhoobarb

Skweekyweezil (aka Spookeydook) Daddys princess and all round little
madam.

mailto:[log in to unmask]