Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:54:09 +0100
>I keep reading about ferrets having bad reactions to vaccinations here
>on the list, what sort of vaccines are used in America?

I was actually wondering the same thing.  You have several
ferret-specific vaccines over there and still so much reactions to
them.  In Belgium (which is were I Iive) and in Holland we have no
ferret-specific vaccines, we just use the Distemper-vaccines for dogs
and the ferrets having a reaction to them are very rare...

>We have one that is considered the best, its called Nobivac Puppy DP,
>It's the first vaccine given to puppy's and is developed with chicken
>embryos, it is not a cocktail just the canine distemper,

Just a small correction: if I'm not mistaken Nobivac Puppy DP is a
cocktail.  D means distemper, and P means Parvo.  So it's a vaccine
against Distemper and Parvo.

But most other vaccines are even larger cocktails, so this also is one
of the reasons Nobivac Puppy DP is used.

Wendy