From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:32:29 -0400
I've had someone (Yes, unnamed.) privately tell me that what one person
might think that I have but have not disclosed are reports of reactions.
No, I don't have such info.  I've said that before both privately and
publicly and will say it again: I don't.  Here is what I have to impart,
as I said yesterday:

>what people have said over the years when there is a problem with
>Lupron it is not getting a strong enough dose or not getting a depot
>when that was needed for the situation, not using it along with
>whatever other meds that a complication calls for, not finding a
>complication in time, not having had the med stored properly, needing
>to gain time to use a specific vet surgeon in some areas which don't
>have many but not getting a strong enough Lupron level or the right
>Lupron form such as the depot or additional meds in time, or having
>one of the types of malignant adrenal growths which don't respond to
>it like the more common benign ones do.  As I've said before those are
>the general categories from lists, resources, and pers. coms. that I
>can think of off the top of my head where problems have arisen over
>the years.

So, as you see, I have no objections to answering logical and reasonably
put questions.  It's just that I can't produce info I don't have and I
am not about to break confidences.  And, I avoid reading things that
start out as scolds or personal attacks instead of reasonably written
disagreements.  It doesn't bug me if someone disagrees with me since that
is a normal part of life and we're each wrong at times and learn from
that.  I've admitted to being wrong more than a few times, including here
on the FML.  There just is no reason for the disagreement to not be
worded reasonably so I skip past posts which aren't usually and I let
my mail program know who persistently uses bullying and other nasty
approaches so those mails get junked in my private mail.

If that one friend is right in reading those posts and there is an
assumption that I have needed health info which I am not sharing because
of confidences, well, that just isn't so, and it especially isn't so
about things people haven't even written to me privately about that I can
recall such as reactions.  I can't share what someone just imagines that
I have while I don't have it.  Like I said, Lupron reactions are reported
to happen very rarely and are said to be rare by the experts so it pays
to check resources such as
http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html
and
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org
which are the same resources I use when I look something like this up.