From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:16:29 -0800
I was greeted by two little old ladies this past week.  They showed me
a thing or two about being young.  Both of them were saucy things.  The
first one was named Sable.  She had the cutest little white ears.  When I
greeted her, I tried to tell her so and she womped me over the head with
her cane.  Wack!  "I'll show YOU cute!" she said with a cackle.  I was
stunned.  It took me a minute to make sure the stars I was seeing were
real stars and were still.  I cautiously approached her again and said,
"nice to see age doesn't hold you back any ... you're a sassy thing."
Wack!!  She did it again!  "I'll show YOU sassy", she replied.  Okay,
so I tried for a third time, "Uh.... would you like a tour?" I winced
and held up my arms in defense.  But no wack that time.  I kept a safe
distance, and we found a group of eleven that were slotted to meet her.
She was quite happy because she was wanting to find someone to learn the
game of bridge with her.  And sure enough a few of them were willing to
oblige and start up a weekly game.  She said that another ferret named
Bea was soon to follow her.  Hmm.  It's just amazing how they know these
things.  I mean I didn't even get any warning of this.  And sure enough,
days later, was another ferret named, Bea.

Bea walked across the bridge with her head held high.  She had a spring
to her walk and said she hand't felt that good in years.  She told me
about how she had many good years down on Earth.  I found myself admiring
her nose.  She was quite proud of it because of the unqiue pattern on it.
In fact, many heads were turned as she proudly trotted by making sure all
noticed that little nose.  I took her to see Sable and to meet the group
of eleven as well.  She really wasn't interested in Bridge though.  She
said she felt quite spritely now and wanted to use that nose to push
bowling balls down the lanes ... to help the Big Boss make thunder.  So
she is now in a bowling league, and makes quite a racket.  Sable just
snickers at this.

To their mommy, both ladies ... and they are ladies ... are enjoying
their retirement quite a bit up here.  So worry not!  We'll all watch
over them.

Sandee