Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:23:11 -0400
I would like to give an update.  I'm hoping all of the florida shelters
will check in and let us know how they are, also who is in the path of
Ivan right now and what they might need.

I want to say thanks to the 3 people who sent me donations, this will
help a great deal.  my cost for evacuating from Frances was: $689 for the
Cargo van(it goes back Wednesday eve), $234 for kennels and cages that
would stack well in the van, and the room My mom and I got stuck in was
$258.77.  Those people were amazing, letting us leave without payment and
dealing with it later, and putting up with 25 cats, 8 ferrets and 4 dogs.
Amazing people.  I also spent money on food , etc, while My Mom and I got
stuck at the hotel, this was not in the plans, original plan was to go to
the friends home in Georgia.

My home is pretty much okay for now, but being a double wide mobile home,
the seam is cracked(not a big hole), this is causing roof leaks down the
seam, I already have mold growing on the seams, not a good thing.  I know
Chere lives in a mobile home also, so she needs to check her seam very
well.

Many of you know, selling on ebay is how I keep this place going,, I have
not been able to do ebay to much with 3 storms scaring us to death down
here ovder the last month.  I don't know when I will get back on ebay,
this also isn't good.  No sales, means no bills paid, no money for much
of anything.

Chere , I sent you an email, hope you got it, if your power is not on
soon, please take that generator offered to you, buy a cheap window unit
for one room and this will keep the ferrets cool.  this is the set-up I
have in case of no electricity, it works very well.

Well, off now to watch Ivan, just keeping an eye on him in case he
decides to make a fast turn.  And now we have another one to watch and
will know if it hits by Friday.  this is too unbelievable.

Again, thanks to you 3 who sent donations.  It is so appreciated, you
just don't know how much.  Thank you so much.  I still may end up in
jail because I don't have enough to pay for the van, but oh well, it was
worth it, we stayed safe:-)

Sue & The Okeechobee Bunch