From:
Shirley Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:29:49 -0700
Good day everyone and kisses and hugs to all the fuzzies.

Dawn, this doesn't help you with getting your ferrets to Amsterdam, but
I need to tell you my story in the hopes that you can get some of your
money back.

Years ago, I had a similar experience with TWA - wrong information,
refusal to refund, the whole thing.  I can write you details if you
want, but the point will remain the same.  If you are tenacious, you can
probably get your money refunded.  I, personally, have a nasty streak
that makes me want to pursue people like this to the ends of the earth.

It took two years because I was out of the country part of the time, but
I did get my money back.  I called, wrote letters, emailed, copied files
and threatened small claims court.

One interesting aspect of my case was that TWA's corporate headquarters
was in St. Louis, and that is where any cllaims had to be filed.
Missouri had, at that time anyway, a law that said you could also sue
for travel expenses if you ended up having to appear in their court.
That was the kicker that got me my money back.

If you want to pursue this, I would be very glad, yes, EAGER, to help.
If you could book yourself on Lufthansa, you could probably eventually
get your money back.  Let me know.

Shirley