From:
weaselwoman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 00:17:13 -0400
Wednesday morning at approx. 11am I helped my sweet little Casey to
cross the bridge.  He was diagnosed with insulinoma in March of 2003.
He has been on prednisone and diazoxide (proglycim) and regular feedings
since then.  Unlike my other 2 ferrets with insulinoma, he would
occasionally eat kibble.  He was always ready to play and torment the
cats, and when he tired of that game he was content to cuddle with Mom.
I am certain he was full of cancer.  His little tummy was beginning to
feel like a bag of marbles, with all of the little lumps in it.

He was doing well until last week end.  He had to be syringe fed, every
feeding.  On Monday and Tuesday, he just wasn't his normal self.  On
Tues.  evening he seemed to have trouble peeing and on Wed.am he
absolutely refused to be fed, there was blood in his urine and he was
making little wimpering sounds, as if he were in pain.  I put him in a
sleep sack and tucked him close to my chest, under the seat belt, and
talked to him all the way to the vet's.  In the hour it took to drive to
the vet, I told him all about the bridge and all of his mates that would
be waiting for him there.  I told him how honored I was to have his
company for the past years and that I considered every day of the last
16 months a gift.  I know he knew how much I love him, and how very much
I am going to miss him.  I know that his skinny, bald little body is now
a healthy body covered with thick creamy white hair, like when he was
younger and healthier.

Sandee, even though he knows about his brothers and sisters that have
gone before him, could you please just see that they all get together.
There is Toby, Bear, Murphy, Moxy, Baby, Sandy, Daisy, Beasley, Smokey
and Bandit.  They weren't all on really good terms here, but I told him
that they would all be really good friends at the Bridge.  They may have
gone from my presence, but they are are still in my heart.  I love them
and miss them.  Casey boy, enjoy your new found health.  If love alone
could cure, you would all still be here with me.

Missing 12 "Little Angels" @ the Bridge
Sally St. Germain and her 8 "Little Saints"
Hi.....my name is Sally.....I am a ferret-a-holic!!!!!