Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 03:53:16 GMT
There has been a serious accident involving Chris Mathis, shelter mom of
the Oregon Ferret Shelter.

Chris, her daughter Samamntha, and Chris's 7month old grandchild, David,
were involved in the car wreck.  From accounts we have, a van (possible
speeding) crossed a divider and struck them head-on.  The child was
killed in the crash.

Chris and Samantha have suffered serious injuries.  At last report Chris
had just gone through surgery for leg injuries.

All the volunteers of the OFS and PFSN are asking for your thoughts and
prayers for Chris and her family.  No doubt this will affect all of them
emotionally, mentally, and financially.

This is hitting many of us hard.  For many of us they have been like
family.

As Vice President of the PFSN, and as a family friend, I would like to
ask for any help that you may be able to provide.  We will be doing
our best to keep the OFS operating while Chris and her family recover.
Needless to say there will be numerous expenses that they will also be
burdened with (medical expenses and funeral expenses for the child)

Please, your prayers and thoughts are needed.  For those who wish to make
financial donations, please use the PayPal link on the Pacific Ferret
Shelter website www.ferretnet.org - notoate that the funds are for the
OFS and we will direct them there.  There is a PayPal account for the
OFS, but only Chris has access to that.

If you wish to make a personal donation to Chris's family, or wish to
send a card, you can use the mailing address

Mathis
c/o Oregon Ferret Shelter
17560 South Holly Lane
Oregon City, OR 97045.