From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:30:28 -0400
For those who have given to elderly and ailing ferrets via the Ferret
Giving Tree, i want to express a sincere THANK YOU!

Last Saturday shelter Dad & I traveled to St Gregory's House to say
farewell and bury 5 lost ferrets from the past winter.  Several of them
were among the kids on last seasons Ferret Giving Tree.

And may I take the time to say THANK YOU to the wonderful woman who
thought of the Ferret Giving Tree and to those other wonderful folks
who undertook making it work by giving it a home on the intgernet!

The ferrets which shelters list on that Tree are usually those whose
days are numbered-- at Least at Ferret Wise that is the case.  We had a
number of ferrets which received wonderful gifts and treats over the past
Holiday.  Sadly some of these wonderful furry faces are not here with us
today: Henry, Hamish, Miss Marple, and others all were called away...

BUT they indeed had a joyous Holiday thanks to the generosity of many
readers on our FML.  I AM very SURE that other shelters feel just as I
do here.

This note is my Christmas in July -- I want to relay our heartfelt thanks
to all those who support our kids through the shelter Fosters program at
Ferret Wise and those who in some small way help the kids who had no
where else to go.  You all make a huge difference in what we can do to
make the last months etc.  brighter.

It makes the sweet in the bittersweet of those who were here passing on
to the spirit world.  In case some of you readers thought your thoughts ,
your gifts large or small didn't really matter.

They mean everything - to those who end up in shelters and to those who
provide the day to day care.

Bless you and many many thanks.

Alicia , a shelter Mom

www.ferretwise.org