Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 19:39:42 -0400
Our Vet vaccinates w/ Lupron at first sign of any hair loss that appears
Adrenal.  The earlier we catch them, the earlier he vaccinates.  Sugar,
my first Lupron candidate had a naked place at the end of his tail.  He
got the Lupron and had no problems.  My Cocoa, really objected painfully
to the injection.  He has seemed sore at the hind quarters where he got
the shot for several days.  No sign of other problem.  It's getting
better & less sensitive.

My Vet freezes Lupron in syringes.  This seems to allow them to offer it
cheaper by getting larger vials from the supplier.  He's very particular
about what type of Lupron he gets but I don't the know the particular one
he uses.

There are some studies going on now to see if Lupron can be used to
prevent Adrenal gland disease, which strikes more than half of domestic
U.S. ferrets, according to my Vet.  Though it will be a few years before
we know for sure, for now, it's a chance I find worth taking advantage
of.  Lupron has been used well in the right situations with both Human
men and women, too.  I'm hoping it will benefit ferrets as well.  Here's
to the pioneer Vets who want to solve these problems.

In the Blue Ridge with our 2 Lupron babies & their 4 Fuzzy Buddies!