From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 16:33:54 EDT
I could never in a million years imagine how difficult it was for Judith
to write about this sickening accident.  I appreciate so very much that
she did however.  I feel like every day that I'm careful about ferret
proofing, not wearing shoes, not leaving doors opened, the whole nine
yards is stricly because of people being generous and brave enough to
share their experiences on this list.  I thank them all.

You'd think, okay once you've read about a specific accident (dryer for
example), that you'd never have that happen to you.  But the human mind
is not perfect.  I need to read it eveeeeeeeeerytime.  Because I know
that one day, my neurons won't be firing so perfectly, and just maaaaaybe
that extra post will make me more alert and careful.  Ya know?  I find
myself getting too relaxed all the time.  I'm reminded of this every time
I read about an accident.  Then I think to myself ... "wow, when was the
last time I was super duper careful about that?"

I've met Judith twice now.  She seems to smell of a perfectionist to me
(I can spot them a mile away).  She indeed does strike me as the last
person that this could happen to.  If it could happen to her, it could
happen to anyone.  I wish that weren't so though.  Just like I wish it
weren't so for Jackson and I wish it weren't so for this gracious lady.

For what it's worth, Judith, I thank you as I thank everyone else that
painfully share's such experiences... for helping me to stay alert.  I
thank you for also sharing that you are human and so is everyone.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com