Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:36:53 -0700
Howdy all!

I hope your homes and fuzzies are well and full of joy and peace . . . .

Many of you have heard & read about the recent terrible car crash
involving The Mathis's from the Oregon Ferret Shelter.  This is indeed a
horrible tragedy and having known Chris, Dave, Samantha, and little David
personally, I am at a loss for words at the moment.

OFS graciously opened up their home to me and my furkids, sight unseen,
back in May when I nervously traveled down to Portland for Sasha's
adrenal surgery and for that we were very grateful.  They were all so
wonderfully hospitable and I got to see first hand (but probably just a
mere glimpse) of just how much time, energy, effort and money it takes to
keep a shelter afloat.  Trust me, I was exhausted just thinking about it!

No doubt the entire OFS family truly has a heart for ALL of God's
creatures (furkids, skinkids, feathered friends, whatever!) . . . .

Well, I am due to be in Portland this coming weekend to attend my best
friends' wedding as well as visit my family and I'm also hoping to stop
in at the shelter and provide whatever assistance I can, depending on the
needs.

SO, if there's anyone in the Seattle area who has anything they would
like delivered to the OFS, I'm happy to "courier" it for you, provided
there's room in my Neon.  Just make sure you contact me via email prior
to Friday evening for pick-up arrangements . . .

Please keep the Mathis's and their furkids in your thoughts and prayers;
I know they would greatly appreciate any assistance whatsoever that you
could provide!

Jennifer, Sasha & Snowball