From:
chelle schlake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:48:07 +0000
I use to live very close to Omaha Nebraska, I was on the other sid eof
the line in Iowa by Council Bluffs.  I have to say this makes me sick to
my stomache.  I rescue, I WONT breed.  WHY because arent there enough of
them out there, I mean realy, my interest is in the ones who NEED me.  I
prefer to take inthe older ones who cares if they are 3.  I currently
just moved 12 hours away from there.  I am now in ND.  This may be an off
the wall idea, however if there is ever an urgent need for these ferrets
to need a home ASAP I would be willing to do a half drive meet up, where
I would drive 6 hours and the other person drive 6 hours, and meet up
with me.

This makes me soooooooooooo sick.  i cant say that this astonishes me,
because honestly nothing shocks me anymore.  Yes babies are cute and
funny BUTTTTTTTTTT my prescious Tubbles I think is the BEST because he is
the alpha ferret, the oldest, the wisest lol and it is a riot to see him
try ti take charge, he is a tubby lil fella and it is just great to see
him wattle about and dook as loud as he can, he snuggles me as to where
the younger ones are like wooooohooooooooo lets DANCEEEEEEEEEEEEE oh wow
lets get into that and so forth lol.  I would be more than happy on my
days off to make a trip down to meet up and transport ferrets here to my
home and then after the proper process find them new homes here in ND.
I am the only one here in the state and I am the first ever.  wow dont i
feel special lol.  My vet who is a wonderful ferret vet says he doesnt
expect me to ever BOOM here with ferts, as it is not common here for them
to be ill treated, which in my eyes is wonderful, and I now have quite a
waiting list but none to adopt out lol.

So please keep in mind if I was needed to do this for any of the ferts in
which your speaking of or any surrounding states they would not have to
stay in my rescue home too long before finding LOVE, unless ofcourse they
had any healthy problems that needed tended to first.  To me as i think
it should be with everyone else, it is all about the ferrets, nothing
less, nothing more.  If i can be of some help please do not hesitate to
notify me.

Michelle Schlake
Chelles' 2nd Chance Ferret Haven
PO Box 196