From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:49:51 -0700
Cheryl Ann,
I'm sure Bob C. will write several paragraphs on this subject, as he
is the one who wrote an article about this in the next to last issue of
Modern Ferret Magazine #31 (R.I.P.)  In a study several ferrets were
exposed to smoke and later sacrificed for necropsy.  Verrryyy bad
results.  I have the article scanned and will send it to you.  As the
adoption cordinator for Ferret Friends (Tucson) I have picked up ferrets
out of smoky conditions, and now we have a policy of not adopting to
households where someone smokes indoors.  Fortunately the weather here
allows most addicts to smoke outdoors year round.  Also the city and
surrounding areas have seen the light and ban smoking indoors in most
public buildings.  Please, for the sake of your pets and yourself, try
to smoke less, taper off, and go outside when you must light up.  They
will thank you for it with better health and longer life.

for clean air,

Carol O.,
Tucson AZ