From:
Randy Magick1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 09:41:35 -0400
Hello my friends.  it's been a super crazy week at the shelter!

Annie banannie was adopted into a terrific home.  she has a cat to play
with (though the cat is not impressed at being chased around!) and she
is being totally spoiled by her new parents.  She's one happy lady!

the shelter took in two very sweet little girls on Wednesday.  Missy &
Pepper are not in good shape at all.  Pepper has a bronchial infection
and Missy has some sort of brain damage or meningitis.  They both have
been in the hospital since Wednesday (thank you auntie Gigy for taking
them there for mommie!) and probably will not come to the shelter until
after the weekend.

Mommie and auntie Aggie went to visit the pair on Friday.  Missy reminds
mommie a lot of Barbie when she first came in.  her motor-sensory
movement is not good at all, and she topples over from side to side.
please keep her in your thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Also on Friday mommie and auntie Aggie made an emergency trip to the
vets.  Our resident nasty-girl Dazzle struck again!  This time it wasn't
a ferret or human nose she got a hold of, it was poor Chubby's paw.
Chub likes to sleep with his paw dangling outside of his cage and Dazzle
took full advantage of grabbing him.  mommie thought his wee toe was
broken because it looked so mangled up, but thankfully it was just badly
dislocated.

Our kind Dr. Regan gave Chubby a shot of pain killer (i think he was
seeing pink elephants shortly after!) and gently put his finger back
together.

Dr. Regan also did something very kind for the shelter.  In memory of
grandma's passing (it was 1 year ago on July 12th) Dr. Regan donated
$300 to the shelter.  the shelter kids are so lucky to have her and so
are the rest of Toronto ferrets!

There is still no word on Timbit, he's still missing.  mommie continues
to whisper his name in the wind and i continue to watch out for him from
way up here.

my love to you all,
Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>