Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:28:56 -0500
>Subject: Old ferret
>
>I have a ferret who is relatively young (4 years) but he is acting like
>an oldster.  Lost weight, showing signs of palsy, wanting to sleep alot.
>I took him to the vet and she said he's just getting old.  Is there
>anything I can do for him?  Feed him baby food, or..... anything?

Hello Fil, I have a male ferret that is 7-8 year's old and he runs and
jumps and plays hard like a one year old.  At 4 your ferret should be
doing the same .....if he felt good.  A 4 year old ferret while not
young is not ready to be old by any means.Your fuzzy needs to see a
'ferret-wise' vet now.  From what your vet has told you it leads me to
believe that she know very little about ferrets or ferret care.  So
please....please, find a good ferret vet that can help your ferret.

Duane

Duane & Linda Watts and the fuzzies
Dozier, Taz, Suger, Holly, Sparky, Skeeter, Scooter, Blaze, Chance,
Sarah, Gidget, Sandi, Raven, Jasmin, Daisy, Bennie, Rascal, Ginger,
Sophie, Luigi,
And Sabrina (our Dog)
Missing:Cocoa, Ann, Bandit, Mindy, Mandy, Smokey, Romeo, Spooky, and Podo