From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 09:54:52 -0400
This morning I discovered my AOL account had been suspended, due to
violation of TOS.  After getting privileges reinstated, I logged in
and discovered that in the early hours of this morning, someone had
apparently hacked into my account, and sent numerous messages (SPAM -
for porn sites) out from this email address.

I am not sure what all they would have had access to, but possibly my
address book, with email address for many of you.  I apologize if this
ends up adding to the amount of SPAM any of you get.  Also, if you
received SPAM from me, it wasn't really me.  Anything that is really
from me has my signature block at the end with the IFC link and the
FerretADV.com link.

This is very upsetting to me, mostly because this particular address is
the one I use for official type ferret business.  Secondary is a concern
that someone may have actually hacked into my computer, and may have
gotten more then my AOL password.

Again, I apologize to anyone who is inconvenienced by this event.
--
Danee
International Ferret Congress Health Issues Coordinator