From:
Roberta McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 20:27:04 -0500
Hi,

Maybe we could use a happier story about a ferret tossed from a car.  We
picked him up at Animal Haven where a woman, who had seen him thrown,
brought him.  He's a little thin but putting on weight and he turns out
to be the spitting image of a ferret that my girl friend, Edwina, lost to
adrenal cancer a couple of years ago.  She is delighted that he's here
and is in the process of adopting him.  I really do believe that these
kids recycle themselves when they feel like it.

We've had a lot of found ferrets lately.  Two were found in a city park,
pretty good shape and hadn't been out long.  Another, a baby, apparently
ran into a Chinese restaurant.  Some nice young women fished him out from
under the newspaper rack, looked us up, and brought him to us.  This was
not a residential area so who knows where he came from.  And then there
is the little girl that an elderly gentleman managed to live trap several
nights in a row.  He was trying to catch squirrels.  His daughter helped
him figure out what she was and found us on line.  She is plump and
happy, so again, who knows.  Maybe someone was putting her out at night
with the cat!  Anyway, 'tis the season, so everyone needs to keep their
eyes open.

Bobbi McC., KC Ferret Hotline and Shelter