From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 10:21:28 -0400
Ok, I already disagree about CA Fish and Game about ferrets in the wild
and their natural instincts.  But now I'm also wondering about the
natural insticts of my little domesticated fuzzies in my own home.  I
bought a slow cook crock pot - the ferrets were curious about the large
bag and box on the floor.  So, for a little fun for everyone (ya, it's
a quiet household) I opened the box and took everything out for them to
check out.  Box, styrofoam, covers, crock pot - oh the excitement of
discovery.  Jillie's response, Jillie's natural instict to this
discovery........she went into the crock pot, curled up, and took a
little rest.  Hmmm, not really the wisest choice for a small animal
looking for a nap.  I was always worried about how she'd fare in the
wild, but now I'm not even sure of her safety in my home!

Dooks
Risa