From:
Night Maiden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 04:52:11 -0700
>Ferrets have sharp teeth and occasionally bite when startled, excited,
>or handled improperly.  Because small children have been seriously
>injured by ferret bites, The HSUS recommends that children,
>particularly infants, never be left unsupervised with ferrets (or with
>any other companion animal).

I don't think this statement is unfair.  I believe they are just airing
in the side of caution here, because they do add 'or any other companion
animal'.  I of course have never had a problem with any of my ferrets
hurting my 4 year old, but that doesnt mean there aren't fuzzies out
there who might do so, just like any dog or cat.