From:
Jackie DeCarlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:40:06 -0800
Thank you Connie for bringing this up...I too had my ebay password and
ID taken from me about a month ago...I had 2 winners on 2 different
items and never received an email from ebay to inform me I had winners.
I couldn't access my account because my password was invalid they
said...after notifying ebay they also said the email I had received
"from ebay" wasn't from them and because I "opened" up an ebay link from
my email message which I thought was ebay and put in my ID I guess they
were able to access my account and change my settings and all....But they
went 1 step further... I was wondering why I wasn't receiving any emails
for a couple of days but I thought my IP was having problems so after a
couple of days I notified them and they said my mail was being FORWARDED
to another address...a UK address!!!  and going back thru my email "from
ebay" that address also ended in UK...so they must of went hand in
hand...I reported that email address to Yahoo who forwarded it on to
their international section... So....everyone who is working hard to help
shelters, etc and taking their time to add items PLEASE change passwords
OFTEN... I am changing mine every 30 days from now on....I went thur
tooooooo much trouble trying to get things corrected and contacting
people who have won on my actions and hoping they hadn't sent their
checks or money orders to the "wrong address" ...meaning their address
that they changed on my items....

This may be long and I apologize but at the moment there is a lot of
ebaying going on and Connie was a great reminder to me what I had gone
thru and don't want others going thru the same thing... OH, on the home
page of Ebay there is what you call "Account Guard"... it is well worth
it to download....this notifies you when you give out you ebay password
and id to anyone other that ebay ....(for those emails we get requesting
to update ebay files and such) the icon that is added to your tool bar (I
think that is what it is called) will turn RED... if it is not REALLY
EBAY.... and it really works!!!!

=====

Jackie
Peanut, Cybil, Bandit, Dominic, Laney & Simon
At the bridge: Taz, Plato, Opie, Harvey & Buster

Please check out my ebay store full of ferret items:
http://stores.ebay.com/ferretstuffplusmore