From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:48:29 -0800
Today I took Buckie with me to the pet store, to get some Cheweasels...
his favorite treat...One of the employees saw me and mentioned that they
had a big ferret in the back that the owners just dumped.  She told me
that they were moving and couldnt take him with them.  I asked to see him
and I was stunned.

Inside a glass aquarium with a heat lamp on top, this FAT BOY was laying
sprawled on his back with everything exposed lol.  I told her that the
heat lamp is BAAAADDDDD!!!  that ferrets prefer cold over heat, plus he
could get dehydrated easily.  I took off the heat lamp of the aquarium
and let her hold Buckie...I picked up this FAT ferret (had to use both
hands) and he was just as mellow as can be.  He's about 4-5 pounds...BIG
boy, and he looks to be about 2.5-3 maybe younger.  He has no tattoos on
his ears, best I can guess is that he's from a private breeder since hes
so FAT!  He also seems pretty healthy.

I told the employee that I had a LOT of ferret contacts, and that I
would be more than HAPPY to take him off their hands and find him a good
permanent home.  She said he was VERY playful, and that they had him
out playing with him for the last hour or two.  I gave them my contact
information and told them I would give them the contact info for his
new owner too.  Buckie seemed MORE than happy to see this guy, they just
sniffed eachother's ears and butts.  When we got home, I let the two
loose in my room and they just started playing with eachother wrestling
and dooking.  So now I have the task of finding this guy a name and a
home...

=====
~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_
~*`~*`FERRETS RULE~`*~`*
Missing Noodles + Rosie at the Rainbow Bridge