From:
Melissa Lough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:47:42 -0500
Does anyone have any info on Intestinal tract infections in ferrets??
Could it have anything to do with putting water on their food?  The vet
did a series of Barium X-rays on my little guy (he's just 16 months old).
They ruled out a blockage.  He wasn't wanting to eat or drink and seemed
to have no energy.  Wasn't pooping, but was urinating.  They gave me some
amoxil and said to give him .25 ml twice a day; he weighs 2.7 lbs.  He
seems to be doing great now.  Please if anyone has any information on
this and how I could keep it from happening again; please let me know.

Thanks,
Missy