From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 10:41:23 -0700
Hey!, This is Susie Lee-Hurley for myself and Wes at the Ferret And Dove
Sanctuary.  We just got our issue of Ferrets Magazine, for July/Aug, 2004
and What to our wondering eyes should appear but ourselves!  Or, rather,
our shelter's being listed along with other finely ferrety resources
right There!, on page 59!, in a national magazine publication!  Hot
diggity rice boxes!  It makes us feel as though we've "arrived" to be
in such great company!

Okay, now for the sober-stuff...
For anyone who hasn't seen this, there is an article published in USA
Weekend's June 4-6 issue on their "Think Smart" page by Steve Dale
warning against counterfiet Frontline and Advantage products being
marketed and sold in retail stores and online.  The main caution both
companies that make these products is that they each ONLY sell their
products directly to licensed veterinarians.  So that we need to pass
along the word to all our friends and family animal-care-persons of cats,
dogs, ferrets, and every other furred, flea-sensitive critter to ONLY
purchase flea and tick killing products from a licensed veterinarian.
Having already "shopped around" various vets' prices, we're more than
pleased to stick with our original and best because he sells to us at
his own cost due to knowing we're a shelter and rescue and giving us the
only break that can be given, which is pretty nice, I think.

So you guys can surely do the same, by which I mean to shop around
different vets and animal hospitals for your Frontline or Advantage, but
remember to be careful to ONLY buy from them, unless you're a licensed
vet, your own self.

To see us and the latest pics of (most of) the Adoptables, go here...
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html