From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:23:23 -0400
The question keeps coming up how to reducing spreading bacteria or
viruses from yourself to your ferrets.

The single best answer is hand washing, not just a quick and dirty
wash, but a wash with warm to hot running water and soap with plenty
of friction for hand rubbing for 10 to 15 seconds.

This procedure removes more than 90% of viruses and bacteria according to
the American Society of Microbiology which offers this site to help those
who want to help reduce the transmission of disease:
http://www.washup.org/

I know that some folks use the false stones with sayings on them for
grave markers for animals.  Walter Drake is currently having a sale on
some of these: 1-800-525-9291  (Ask for the Early Summer Sale catalog.)
wdrake.com (No association with them; just got the catalog in because
they were by far the cheapest place for the gardening stool and gardening
cart I use to be more capable and productive with my braces.)