From:
BlkSheep03 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:59:12 -0600
Hi all!

I've been watching all the hoopla about cremation, and just wanted to
share something with you all.  Its a personal thing, but one maybe some
of you would rather consider.

I recently lost the company of my very special little YokoOHNO!, without,
as it turns out, the need for euthanisation.  She passed quietly in my
son's arms wrapped in the same blanket I'd held her in the previous long
night.  Twitched her whiskers, opened her eyes, heaved a BIG sigh and was
gone.

Now..  I've always thought the pawprints and the urns were a nice
idea...until I thought this through.  I've got six little ones in my
house still, and the last thing I want is a row of little boxes or
containers at some point!

I chose, after making sure WHERE the "general cremation" remains ended
up, to just have her little shell cremated, and rather than a box or
urn..  I've decided to take two or three of the best pictures of her that
I have, frame them in one from, buy an engraved little plaque with her
name on it to put on the picture frame, and hang the picture in the
"dooknook".  Celebrating her life and looking at her sweet little face
when she was at her best seems to me a lot sweeter than seeing a box of
remains.

This is just a personal "deal" guys, and I dont mean to sound callous,
because believe me my heart is still heavy re: Yoko, but if you DO have a
large business, a picture gallery as a memorial might be an idea for you
too!

Hugs and thanks to those who took the time to send such beautiful cards
and thoughts my way.  Hug 'em close because time is precious!

DookDancer and Her Ferret Collective
Barnum & Bailey, Kami and Clio,
Finnegan and Sasha our little foster girl

"Resistance is Futile"