From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:26:22 EDT
Yesterday, there was a listing on E-bay for a white stuffed ferret in
a plastic case for sale.  Not only was it offensive because it was a
ferret, but it shows the ferret as being extremely ferocious looking...
something that we don't need as publicity for our beloved ferrets.  The
last line indicated that it was a rodent!

I wrote to Ebay however, I also wrote to the seller directly.  I remarked
that I found it offensive to the millions of ferret owners and asked him
if he'd like to see his dog or cat mounted in a plastic case for sale.
My last line was to tell him that ferrets are not rodents nor are they
even related to rodents.  I requested that he remove the item for sale.

My thoughts were that he would flame me with his response.  HOWEVER,
there really are wonderful people in this world and this guy is one.  I'm
copying his response to me this morning.  I wrote him back with a huge
thank you and remarked how wonderful it was to have someone not take my
e-mail personally but as a candid criticism with no intention of hurt.
I've left his name off the signature.

>I'm quite sorry to have done something offensive to you or others.  I
>will try to remove him, I meant no offense to anyone and am rather new
>to the ebay world.  Please accept my apology and "ignorance."  I am not
>sure what the protocol is to remove an item, but I shall try my best to
>take him off.
>
>Sincerely, ...

I wish you all a joyous and peaceful holiday!
Barb and her 6 whirling dervishes...Hope, Cher, Jake, Kate, Sam and Tess