From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:34:32 -0700
St. Patrick's Day was not happy for me in spite of all the wonderful
cards from the exchange.  I'm just getting to write about Phillip now.
He was the third ferret in my life, but the last ferret I brought with me
from Wisconsin when I moved out here to Tucson, a big sable boy with a
bulldog type body but with normal legs.  I got him from the Humane
Society back there, and he was really wild at the time.  But with love
and companionship he tamed down and became a most wonderful kisser, and
friendly to most of the others I acquired.  He had one adrenal surgery
two years ago, a couple bouts with ulcers, and then the insulinoma.  That
was being controlled with prednisolone and devil's club, and I was having
to hand feed him his chicken gravy mush.  But then lymphoma showed up and
it was just a matter of time.  I put off the appointment a couple times
as he was not bad enough to justify putting him down yet.  But that
Wednesday of the 17th he had bright bloody poop and I had to call the
vet.  Some last kisses before he went to the bridge, and it was over.
Sandee, please check on him, and show him around and help him find his
friends Mandy and Gizmo, oh, and Betty, too.  Even look for Lowell, who
wasn't a friend as he didn't like anyone else, but maybe he's learning
to play with all the others now.

Sadly missing Phillip,

Carol O.