From:
sherrie wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:14:12 -0700
Can anyone offer advice/experience/info on adapting a 'free-range' ferret
to living in a cage?  If it can be done?  If it's too stressful for the
ferret?

I have a friend who, due to increased work and school demands, feels she
needs to give this 1-year-old boy a new home.  I told her I'd take him
except that my 4 are all caged and I don't want a free range ferret (our
place isn't safe to be 'free-range'; mine get out for supervised playtime
and running around, but then it's back to their cages.) I didn't know
how easy/hard/harmful/possible it would be to adapt this guy to a cage,
whether alone or with one of my others.  He's been around other ferrets
so he's not been an 'only child', just an uncaged one.

Any info would be helpful!  Feel free to email me off-or-on-list.

Thanks!

Sherrie and the 4 weasels
Dweezil, Razzle, Monty-boo and Jezebel