From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:08:43 -0800
Hi,
I have been researching ferret food.  I have been told corn is not good
as an ingredient because ferrets do not digest corn.

I am trying to get a list of ferret foods that do not contain corn.  So
far, The FerretStore, 8-in-1 Ultimate and Totally Ferret seem to be
without corn.

I have a few good food comparasion sites....but....

I was wondering why some brands have things like brown rice, dried beet
pulp, soy flour, wheat flour, ground barley, brewers rice and other
similar ingredients.  (this is not one brand, but a mixture) Is this good
for ferrets?  or is it the same as corn and not digestable and serve no
nutritional purpose.

And what is the difference between "chicken by product" or "chicken meal"
which is better?

If any one has any information please let me know.  I would appreciate
it.

thank you,
suzi