Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:52:51 EST
Dooks Everyone!!

First, I wanted to thank you all for your support during this very trying
time.  Just another "quick" update on Oscar the Wonder Ferret.  I just
recieved his reports back from the lab (adrenal mass, liver mass, and
pancreatic mass) and as is turns out, the adrenal and the liver masses
were benign, but as I suspected, the pancreatic masses were malignant.
On the plus side though, my vet feels that he removed both masses
entirely as Oscar should make a full recovery as they were not active
insulinomas (he only saw the two masses on the pancreas but there could
always be more) .  However his incurable loose stool has returned though
I talked to the vet last night and he said that it is possible that the
reason his stool returned to normal was the injection of amoxi that he
gave him before the surgery, so he is shipping me some more.

Thanks Everyone,
Lisa and the Diabolical Dozen