From:
cynthia jennerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:27:17 -0800
Hello All,

It's been a LONG time since I've posted.  Hugs n Love to all fuzzies and
their humans, especially humans who have lost babies.

I'm down to four now.  I lost three in the last year, Selphie, Tifa, and
Eggo, but I had the fortune of rescuing Tilly.  She's a 6yr old dark-eyed
white, a beauty, who's original owners gave her up to have a baby.  She
lived in 4 foster homes in 6 mo until she came to me.  She fits in very
well with my elderly group and learned to play with others.  She was an
only ferret until she came here.

I just moved to La Crosse WI and had to find a new vet.  If anyone is
coming to the area Hillside Veterinary Clinic has a great Dr, Janet Veit.
She's open to new ideas and willing to learn from ferret people if she
doesn't know something.  One of the receptionists at that office has
around 14 fuzzbutts right now.

Ben Stiller and Jennifer Aniston are big babies.  So you got bit by a
ferret, big deal.  I figure, he shouldn't have been holding it so close
to his face in the first place.

I've had some bad experiences with PetCo up in Duluth, MN.  Recently a
friend who works there lost her ferret to EC that she picked up from
work.  The thing was, none of her managers told the employees that the
ferrets were infected.  I also had a foster ferret from there that was
left to die in the back room from an eye infection.  We bought him and
nursed him back to health.  He's now the most adventurous creature.  He
went out a window twice last summer, we apparently didn't take him out
to play enough.  Another friend rescued a turtle from the same PetCo
whose shell was collapsing from a calcium defficiency.  Same story, he
was left to die in the back room and she got him for free and the turtle
is now heathly and hybernating for the winter.

Just so you know, this is just my experience with ONE PetCo, in Duluth,
MN, but I have heard that they don't have a very good reputation
anywhere.

Cynthia, Waffle, Tilly, Padme, Jewel
La Crosse, WI