Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:47:14 -0800
Bill and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Wow Michelle, what a hateful post, especially for a nurse, who is
supposed to be dedicated to helping people.  But Merry Christmas to
you too. :-)

>ok, so Sandi,,, If a person has a prescription from their Vet, for their
>ferret, for the medicine Lupron, where is your issue with where they
>obtain it?

I have NO idea why you would think I have an issue with that.  My post
was pretty clear in that there MUST BE a prescription.  When you stated
that you wished the person was in Washington state so that you could
"share" the lupron, you made no mention of that person having to have
a prescription from their vet.  I thank you for making that point clear
for everyone.

>MY VET wrote the RX out to ME, for FERRETS!!!!!  He did not specify
>which ferrets.  He also wrote it out for me to ADMINISTER said lupron!!!
>So, ferrets, hummmm, leaves it pretty damn open for me to help out
>ferrets, be they family members or not!

[Sigh] Since you are a nurse and are I assume, aware of the laws of
Washington state, I'm certain that you don't want to get your vet in
trouble.  I respectfully suggest that you check with your vet and ask
how it will affect his license if you give a prescription drug to some
ferret in someone else's family that he (vet) does not know about.  Any
accidental overdose, reaction or anything will come back to the vet who
gave you the prescription.

>Ya wanna get angry, small, mean and petty, fine. You've already hurt
>WFRS, go ahead and come after me too.

I'm not angry with you.  I don't even know who you are.  It was Cathy
Johnson-Delaney, DVM who murdered my ferret, but she claims that WFRS is
responsible.  Cathy is the one who brought WFRS into this .... not me.
Calling me names, will not bring back my ferret.  If you want to help,
tell WFRS to return Foxy's body to me.  Cathy claims that WFRS will not
release her.

Sandi
[sigh] Merry Christmas & a hopeful New Year

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14317 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 6 days/week (closed Tue) or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org