April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:41:20 -0500
>... He stopped vomiting but his digestion seems overly fast and he has
>diarrhea.  I've been giving him Pepto Bismol and Amoxicillian but it's
>going right through him.  This morning he literally pooped out Pepto
>Bismol.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what else may help?  I've
>been assist feeding Nutrical diluted with water to keep him hydrated and
>make sure he's getting some nutrients, duck soup only makes him vomit.

Sometimes antibiotics can cause diarrhea or worsen it (clavamox, an
amoxicillin-derived antibiotic, is often a culprit); I was just wondering
if your vet recommended the amoxicillin, or if that was just something
you had and decided to try.  It's probably worth having a vet check him
out before administering any meds if this is going on...

Good luck!

-April